by Vincent Desrus
Here is the list of the most murderers hurricanes since 1988…
– November 29, 1988 : more than 1,500 dead and thousands missing in a cyclone in Bangladesh which also affects the neighboring Indian state of West Bengal.
– 5 to 18 December 1990 : Typhoon Mike in the Philippines makes 750 dead or missing.
– April 29, 1991 : A cyclone followed by tornadoes and floods killed more than 138,000 people in Bangladesh.
– November 5, 1991 : Cyclone Thelma on the island of Leyte in the Philippines makes more than 6,000 people dead or missing.
– November 2, 1995 : Typhoon Angela makes a thousand dead and missing in the Philippines.
– June 9, 1998 : A hurricane makes over 1,000 deaths in the coastal state of Gujarat (west) in India.
– October 26 to November 5, 1998 : Hurricane Mitch makes more than 9,000 dead and 15,000 missing.
– October 29, 1999 : at least 10,000 dead and many missing after the passage of a violent hurricane Orissa (East) in India.
– 17 to 19 September 2004 : floods caused by Tropical Storm Jeanne makes 1, 870 people and 850 missing in Haiti.
– 29 to 30 August 2005 : Hurricane Katrina killed more than 1,500 people in the southern United States, especially in Louisiana and Mississippi, as well as in Florida and Alabama.
– November 15, 2007: At least 4,400 dead and millions homeless after cyclone Sidr which devastated the southern coast of Bangladesh.
I counted myself the total of dead and missing people in this list…
How many more dead people governments needs to REALLY fight the climate change….
( I should note that this list is not complete at all)….